New Maryland laws governing the workplace will take effect on October 1, 2019. These laws:
- Amend the state’s Fair Employment Practices Act (FEPA) with respect to harassment claims and with respect to the definition of “employee”;
- Require unpaid leave and provide additional protections for employees serving as organ or bone marrow donors;
- Promote gender diversity in the boardroom;
- Provide additional civil penalties with respect to Equal Pay violations; and
- Prohibit non-compete agreements for low-wage earners.
Click here to read more.